The first written reference about this village is from 10th century. The village Komtaja is know above all for its finding from the Bronze Age. There are preserved basics of buildings and a memorial desk, which have been pronounced as a national archeological momument. Besides this we can see a Classicism church of St. Galus from 1823 with an alter painting from J.B. Klemens. The name Komtaja has the local valley as well, where a primeval artery led.